Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Heads Up Mic Clip

Hi y'all. Well this is my first time "blogging"...  So here is a brief overview on what we are doing.

After working the streets as a police officer for a number of months and having been involved in a few struggles, scraps and foot chases with numerous unsavory characters, it became very evident that some of the equipment that we carry can become detached from you. Other than your handgun and a torch for nighttime operations, the other most critical piece of equipment is your handheld radio and the mic that we attach to our uniform or vest. Without it and in a bad situation, you can find yourself in a world of hurt and your dispatcher gets freaked out and your colleagues start getting anxious... It's not good!! So I used to attach my handheld mic by clipping it either in between two buttons on my shirt or at the top button. It would never stay there when you were having to "deal" with someone. I tried using rubber bands,  the wife's hair bands and the ever faithful bailing wire. None of them worked very effectively and that's when I came up with my idea of using s bent piece of metal that you secure to your inner vest carrier and then attach your mic to it. It worked!!!

The device kept the mic in a great location too! Some officers like their mic's on their shoulder, but I noticed that every time they spoke into their mic, they turned their head, which to me could be a safety issue when operating in a situation where you need to be Heads Up and aware of everything around you. It also positioned the mic right under your chin so you get great voice clarity when you are either having to use your outside voice or have to speak quietly. I also used an earpiece, so I was able to route the speaker wire under my shirt which kept it tucked in and away from being snagged by those pesky tree limbs or seat belts. The other great additional feature is that if both of your hands are unable to "key up" your mic, you can activate the PTT button with your chin and transmit your message.  I have changed materials a couple of times and reconfigured it a couple of times and it has become a well received piece of equipment for the cops on the street. i named it The HEADS-UP-MIC-CLIP. "Keep your focus straight ahead".!!

We now have 7 part numbers that include the standard Heads Up Mic Clip in both powedercoated 16ga steel and in Kydex, the sm/med camera clip for body worn cameras like The MAXSU SHIELD V in both steel and Kydex, the large camera clip for Vievu in both steel and Kydex and the combo clip for both the body worn cameras and your mic. The camera clips addition is also vital because it also keeps the camera secure and keeps it in a great location to capture video of what the officer is facing. We offer a lifetime warranty and a money back guarantee on all of them. We are dedicated to providing world class customer service to the Sheepdogs, the guys and gals that go out there and risk their lives every day to help keep our great country safe.

In a time we find ourselves in where there is a literal "war on cops", we must stay alert at all times and keep our equipment where we can access it. I personally believe that our products will help keep officers safer, I know The Heads Up Mic Clip keeps my gear where I need it, when I need it.

Please check us out at www.headsupmicclips.com find us on Twitter, Instagram and like us on FB

Y'all be safe out there and I'll catch ya next time.

Adios...
The Heads Up Mic Clip

No comments:

Post a Comment